Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bar Harbor, ME

Enjoying my last coastal views of the summer in Bar Harbor. The weather has been less than cooperative, but at least it's not raining today. But the fog is so thick it's hard to get good photos.

A view of the harbor right from my RV Park :)



I took a ride through old town Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Here was my view from the top of Cadillac Mountain!



Now here's what it is supposed to look like! LOL

But all was not lost. It's still a beautiful area to visit.





My final fresh lobster meal of the summer at a local lobster shack where they actually steam them in big kettles outdoors. The current market price here for fresh maine lobster is $4.50 - $4.99. So I don't know why its so expensive in restaurants!



Love those lobster rolls!



Maine is also well known for it's wild blueberries. And they are everywhere! You can pick and eat your fill or buy them at roadside stands. They are small, but flavorful!



Now, I need my mountain fix before heading back to Texas! We're off to the White Mountains in NH, The Green Mountains in VT and the Adirondaks in NY. And, we have more sisters to visit along the way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment