Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Provincetown Pilgrimage

I met up with a special guest in Rhode Island to tour the Cape. Yep, another Texas Ramblin Rose sister all the way up here! :) Tuesday, Kathy and I took off for Provincetown. It's a such a fun place with a lot of history and great food! ;)

We visited the shops along Commercial ST like all good tourists do ;) And we also found the Portuguese Bakery! And look what we had for brunch! ;)



Then off we went to "view" the Pilgrim Monument. I have a great appreciation for our forefathers and it's only right to pay respect to a monument dedicated to those first settlers that signed the Mayflower Compact here. And I could have done that just fine from the ground. And as most of you know, I have an aversion to most forms of exercise other than walking ;)



However, Kathy shamed me into going to the top of this 252 ft structure with no elevator, and I caved. So off we went, trudging up 116 stairs and huffing and puffing over 60 additional landings!

And, I have to admit, the views from the top were awesome!

A view of the coast



and the Wharf



After all that, we were way hungry for some good seafood! ;) The Lobster Pot just happens to be my favorite restaurant here :)

Kathy went with the big guns, she got the whole thing and was raring to dig in with cracker in hand! LOL



True to form, I on the other hand got the Lazy Man's Lobster with stuffing ;) Already out of the shell! hahaha!!!



And it was all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment